Powerful treatment that involves using a patient’s own blood as an injectable
Utologous Conditioned liquid portion of blood (UCLPB)
UCLPB Explained | What to expect | Procedure instructions | FAQs
utologous conditioned liquid portion of blood (UCLPB) is a powerful treatment that involves using a patient’s own blood as an injectable, to treat a variety of indications, such as hair loss, sports injuries, scars, wound healing and breast volume correction.
Platelets are full of Growth Factors which regulate the life of any cell in the body. UCLPB Therapy uses your own liquid portion of blood which has been separated from your Red Blood Cells which are activated and then injected back into your body.
Face & Neck - £500 - £2,000
Price varies depending on treatment numbers and additional serums
Body - £650 - £2,500
Price varies depending on treatment numbers and additional serums. Single area only.
Hand - £400 - £1,750
Price varies depending on treatment numbers and additional serums. Single area only.
About UCLPB and its uses
UCLPB is a powerful anti-ageing treatment that involves using a patient’s own blood as an injectable, to treat a variety of indications, such as hair loss, sports injuries, scars, wound healing and breast volume correction.
Platelets are full of growth factors which regulate the life of any cell in the body. All body organs possess quiescent stem cells and once activated can lead to the formation of healthy new tissue.
UCLPB Therapy uses your own liquid portion of blood which has been separated from your red blood cells which are activated and then injected back into your body. Because these are your own cells there is no chance of rejection, infection or allergy. UCLPB can also be mixed with Hyaluronic acid to increase the moisture content of the tissue further for a more advanced treatment.
This amazing treatment allows so many areas of the body to be treated and all at the same time. Only element Rich in Growth Factors allows for the stimulation of the cell healing process in many different tissues. The ageing process is like a domino effect which happens in Bone, Muscle, Fat and Skin. Once the process has started, the only treatment to address all four layers is UCLPB therapy
UCLPB Therapy can be used on any part of the body to treat any of the following. Here a few examples:
- Stretch Marks
- Scars (including acne)
- Hair and eyebrow hair loss
- Facelift & Skin Tightening
- Fractures/ arthritis
- Non Healing Wounds – Ulcers
- Vaginal atrophy
What to expect during UCLPB therapy
- You may experience burning or needling sensations at the re-injection, but these pass quickly.
- Immediately after getting the UCLPB injections you may experience mild burning sensations at the injection site.
- There may also be slight swelling and redness in the treated area. All these symptoms will subside with a 24 to 36 hours. Applying ice packs wrapped in clean flannels to the injection site and surrounding areas may help minimise swelling and burning sensation.
- However, do not apply ice directly onto the injection site.
- Bruising is a common and quite normal. As with any other injection, you may also experience slight bruising at the injection site after mesotherapy treatment. Your doctor or nurse may advise using over the counter medication such as arnica or aloe vera to reduce discomfort and reduce bruising.
- Follow your practitioner’s post-procedure instructions for best results.
- Avoid taking shower or even washing the treatment areas for the next 12 hours. Also avoid sunbathing, hot tubs and saunas for the next couple of days. During this time refrain from taking anti-inflammatory medications as well.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for the next 48 hours:
- Do not indulge into any strenuous exercise for the initial 48 hours. Walking for half an hour is fine, but avoid activities that will raise your pulse or blood pressure, such as running, jogging, weight-lifting, pushups, chest presses etc.
Pre and post procedure instructions
- Avoid taking Aspirin /Disprin, or any other non prescribed pain killer; Vitamin E and other blood thinning drugs at least 5 days prior to the treatment. This is important to avoid any oozing from the area
- For 2-4 weeks post-treatment, clients are advised to wear a minimum sunscreen SPF15-30 (SPF 50 in high summer).
- When sun exposure unavoidable the use of a parasol and hat is advised to further reduce the risk of sun damage.
- Ensure that skin is moisturised at regular intervals.
- A strict skin-care regime must be adhered to with particular attention paid to moisturisation.
- Facial cosmetics especially foundations and powders should be avoided for 3-5 days, except in the case of mineral based products.
- Hydration is key. At least 2 litres per day of water will ensure adequate skin tergor.
- All make-up brushes must be clean
- It is normal to see erythema (redness) and/or swelling and in rare cases small blisters may appear following treatment for anything up to 8 hours immediately post-procedure
- If it is prolonged medical advice should be sought although simple after sun or aloe vera gel may help along with the use of cold compress.
- Avoid swimming pools, saunas and spas for 2 weeks to reduce risk of skin damage.
- It is imperative that clients return at the prescribed intervals for photographic records and review
By what mechanisms do injections of UCLPB restore facial appearance?
Platelets play a role in stopping bleeding and in repairing damaged blood vessels and cells in the body. Platelets also contain substances called “growth factors” that activate and rejuvenate cells in our body. Unlike fillers that use various synthetic substances, UCLPB uses the patient’s natural biology to address skin defects and volume loss, triggering production of new cells and collagen formation.
How long does the procedure take, and how is it performed?
This cutting-edge rejuvenation is a quick 20-minute procedure. After 9 cm3 of blood (approximately 1 vial) is drawn from the patient, it is spun down in a centrifuge for 6 minutes at a pre-calculated speed to retrieve the most viable fibrin and platelets. After centrifugation, the platelet and fibrin component of the blood (the top layer) is extracted and re-injected into the area of concern.
What type of results can generally be expected?
The results are subtle, with gradual improvement in the injected area over a 3- to 5-week period. Full correction occurs at 4-7 weeks and can last as long as 18 months.
In most cases only only one treatment may be required, depending on the severity of the need for rejuvenation. It can be used in tandem with other therapies to improve skin such as dermal fillers of wrinkle reducing treatments to enhance the outcome.
In facial rejuvenation it is mostly used on the forehead, cheeks, neck & décolletage. Also good results have been seen on hands too.
What are the risks or complications?
Because this product is made from the patient’s own blood, there is no risk for rejection, infection, or an allergic reaction.
For what types of patients is this procedure most and least suitable?
Any patient who wishes to reduce volume loss, fine lines, and textural changes of the skin is suitable for this procedure. It also appeals to the patient who is looking for a natural approach to volumising the face and treating or reducing fine lines.
How long are the improvements maintained? If necessary, can the procedure be repeated, and if so, with what anticipated outcome?
UCLPB can be repeated, and better results are seen with a total of 2-3 treatments given 3-4 months apart. Patients can expect to see better results as they receive more treatments. With time, the results of UCLPB get better and better.
Is UCLPB Safe?
UCLPB is extracted from your own body ( autologous) with no other products added to it. There is virtually zero chance of reaction. As the system used is a closed system and processed immediately for re-injection, there is no chance of external molecules or bacteria to enter the plasma, reducing the risk of contamination.
What makes us unique?
Silvery Blue aims to reshape the healthcare and aesthetic industry with innovative ideas & technologies while preserving the essence of natural health and well being of human being. Our strategy is to empower medical and aesthetic professionals around the globe with a holistic approach to treatment and care. We provide a complete one stop solution from training, treatment, equipment supply, product delivery to quality control and compliance; all under one umbrella – “Silvery Blue”.